Sunday, June 17, 2012

Arrival in Athens!


After 10 + hours on various planes (with the most ridiculous layover in Frankfurt) and two security people patting down my hair incase I was hiding anything suspicious in there, I have arrived in Athens.   I was able to sleep for about 6 hours so I'm hoping to avoid jet lag!

Our cab driver used ancient Greek bungee cord skills to rope all of the luggage into the trunk.  As of now I'm staying with three other women who received the scholarship.   Tomorrow we move into the dorms on the campus of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA).

For dinner (because I can't leave out food!), I had a greek salad and haloumi cheese on a kabob (haloumi is probably the best thing I learned about last time I was in Greece!).

We have seen a lot of voting but no chaos and there isn't really expected to be any.  Should be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Tomorrow we have a luncheon at the Fulbright Foundation and then a tour of the ASCSA campus.  I should have some more stuff to report tomorrow (because I am even boring myself right now).


No comments:

Post a Comment